8.13.2009

"Staycation" update

I've been off on our little "staycation" now since last Friday, and it has been great! We've gotten lots accomplished in terms of baby house prep-Doug's done an amazing job clearing out the basement to make room for his office (currently in the baby's room) and the outside flower beds and plants are looking so much better after his TLC! With my back being the way it's been, gardening has been out of the question for me for quite awhile-they are thriving nicely now:)

My family & friends shower held this past Tuesday was amazing!!! How truly thankful we are to have such amazing family and friends-baby boy received the most beautiful gifts (plus I received some amazing "mama" gifts as well!). The weather cleared for the evening, so we were able to spend the entire time outside, which was so nice.

Darlene and Erin A. did such a great job with the food and games, and my mom was a great hostess, as always:). For dessert, we not only had yummy DQ ice cream cake, but my good friend Erin O. (who is visiting from Toronto) brought the most amazing, TDF cupcakes I've ever tasted...if you live in Halifax, you gotta try them!!! They're from a little bakery on Dresden Row called Suzie's Shortbreads (suziesshortbreads.com). They. Are. Deadly.
I didn't think to take many photos at the shower, and when I did grab my camera my battery was dead, but here's a few:)
The "2 Erins" :)


My mom and Darlene:


My friends Lara, Gina, (and Steph in the background):


The ladies getting into the "make a diaper out of TP and model it" game;0)

It was an absolute blast!!!

Doug and I have lots still planned for the remainder of our time off, and we get to finish off the break with a shower for baby on Sunday with my Lawtons friends!! I'm so excited for that:)

I'll keep ya posted on our progress with "project baby room" over the next few days!

:)Sam









No comments:

Post a Comment