9.24.2009

38 week Dr. appt update

I had my 38 week Dr. appt earlier this week, and everything went well. Baby is continuing to grow, and my BP was great. I am swelling like crazy, though...I hear that might be a good sign that the end is near!! I'm about 50% effaced but still closed, so no imminent labor, but he said to just keep doing what I 'm doing (essentially staying off my feet) and see how things look next week. Thanks to everyone who shared with me their experience with getting a membrane sweep done...since I'm still closed it wasn't really an option, but next week may be different.


Baby's room is coming together-the rocking chair arrived and is so comfortable!! I love it:) The dresser is still not here, but hopefully soon. No solid progress yet on the crib bedding, but we've found some potential sets.

We are getting so very excited to meet the little guy....it seems so unbelievable that he'll be with us soon!! By the looks of the pic above of our kitties, we're not the only ones eagerly anticipating his arrival...they snuck into his room and decided the explore his moses basket after I just cleaned the linens...bad kitties:)

Here's my 38 week pic-I had to get Doug to re-take it without showing my very swollen ankes:)
I'll be sure to update things as they happen!!
:)Sam









1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous Sam - can't imagine any part of you being swollen! I'm voting for Oct 6th as it's our anniversary... can't wait to see the little guy, so excited for you both!
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete