9.16.2009

37 Weeks!

Happy Wednesday!!

So, I had my weekly Dr. appt today, and everything w/ baby was good-I've been gaining weight at a pretty "good" pace the last 2 visits, though....over 2 pounds this past week! Hopefully it's mostly going to the baby, although the extra servings of frozen yogurt and 2 pizza nights make me feel slightly guilty (but not enough to not eat them:)

The Dr. said that given my physical state of discomfort, he figures that an earlier, rather than a later appearance of baby boy would be good, so he's going to do what he calls his "super-duper sweep" of my membranes next week! Now, I know it's A) Very uncomfortable; and B) Not a reliable way to induce labour BUT I'm willing to give it a go. He was pretty confident he could get labour started, so I guess we'll see! If anyone feels up to sharing their experiences with the sweep, I'd love to hear them!!

Otherwise, it's been a low-key week (given that I can't really do much) but I'm just happy baby is thriving, and I'm not in agony every second of the day:)

I am, however pretty upset about getting "scammed" by a bad Etsy seller though....I purchased custom crib bedding back in July, and never received it. Late July she emailed me to say that she was waiting for one of the fabrics to arrive and that she'd get it all finished up and sent by mid-Aug, but no such luck. I've emailed her a bunch of times since early Aug, with no reply, and she has a bunch of recent bad feedback reviews from other buyers w/ similiar stories....it sucks! What I didn't know was that the Paypal "buyer protection" only covers you for up to 45 days from the time of purchase, so if you wait longer than that to file a claim, you're out of luck in terms of a refund! It's my first negative experience with Paypal....although I'm fairly new to Etsy, I've been ordering off of Ebay for about 7 years. So, I guess I won't be ordering any more custom items on Etsy that say "5-6 weeks to ship" b/c with shipping time, you can't be sure they should get here within that 45 day window. Anyway, I'm pretty upset that I'm out the $ AND now have no bedding...the reason I ordered it custom was b/c I couldn't find any commercially-made sets that go with the room. My advice-always check detailed seller feedback, and be wary of ordering stuff custom that will take several weeks to make. Oh well-back to the drawing board!!

Here's my 37 week pic-I was so excited to get out of the house for a few hours to have dinner with a few of my girlfriends a few nights ago...our last night out all together before my friend Gina gets married, and I give birth! It's such an exciting time:)

I'll keep ya posted on any crib bedding finds:)

Sam

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    Glad things are going well - sorry about the etsy thing, crappy deal!

    Re: the sweep - good luck! I had three and, although I didn't find them very uncomfortable, the first two did nothing but give me false hopes. The third happened to be on the day I went into labour - but, if you read on my blog, I basically did EVERY wives tale that day to induce labour so who knows if any of it worked or if all of it worked! Point is, it wasn't as bad pain/discomfort wise as I had anticipated... but everyone's different! :) YIPEE - so excited for you.

    Jen

    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete