7.27.2009

30 weeks!!


Happy Monday!!

I can't believe I'm already 30 weeks along...time has simply flown by. I had my last monthly check-up today (I start bi-weekly appts now) and baby is doing great! My bloodwork and trutal (sugar challenge) test were normal, and baby is growing according to schedule. He was a little kicker today, though; it took the nurse awhile to find his "resting heart rate" as he was so active. It was in the mid 160's for most of the time, but when he did settle down, it was mid 140's, which is good.

For me physically, my back and hips have been really bothering me.....the cartoon above is perfect, because perhaps without my back issues I could paint my toes, but no way it's happening for me in my current state!! I did find relief yesterday by going for a "swim" at my parent's place...I say "swim" b/c I can't really kick with my legs due to sciatic pain, but I can float along on my stomach and just use my arms to move around...it's amazing how buoyant you are with all that amniotic fluid in there! It's like having one of the pool noodles around your belly all the time;)

My Dr. says b/c of my back issues I definitely need to stop doing the long 13 hour shifts, and see how it goes with work....I really want to keep working as long as I can, but I don't want to be in agony!

I had a great time with Kerianne on Friday doing some moody/artistic preggo pics...it was a crazy stormy day, so the lighting was great for it! I can't wait to see them:) That's it for now...I'll be sure to post some pics once they are ready.

Have a super week!!
:)Sam

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures Sam! I'm sure, as always, they will be gorgeous!

    Glad to hear all is well with baby boy Samuelson - hoping you get some relief for your back soon! I can't imagine working 13 hour shifts when I was 30 weeks and I didn't have any pain!

    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete