3.03.2010

Baby Signing 101

Luke and I attended an "into to baby signing" class today. It was just a 45 minute group session offered at the local Apladia indoor gym, so I figured we'd give it a go. Learning the different signs was fairly strait-forward, however remembering what they all mean, and then putting them together in a sentence/song would take a lot of practice! The instructor said that if you start signing to babies early (3-4 months) they may start signing back to you by 8 months.

I do think it would be helpful to try and teach Luke the "essential" signs like "milk", "more", "I'm full", "diaper", etc, so I'll give it a go! I think he liked the singing part of the class (plus smiling and cooing at the other babies) the most...not sure if a full 8 week course is in our future, but ya never know:)

Next on my "to do" list of things I want to try with the little guy is swimming!! My back is just starting to feel almost back to normal, and I see the Osteopath tomorrow who will hopefully give me the green light to start some mild exercising (aka swimming with baby!).

:)Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment